Friday, December 10, 2021

Getting There

 Do you have your Christmas Eve Cast On project planned and/or ready yet?


I had to run by the yarn shop to pick up a longer cabled needle for the Winterfest sweater and well... a tiny bit of yarn jumped into my arms.

The yarn is Bamboo Bloom from Universal Yarn and the photo doesn't do it justice.  I'm not normally a fan of thick and thin yarn but this stuff....  The shop has a sample cowl knit from it and, Wow!  It's such a simple project with such gorgeous results.  Simply knit the thin bits and purl the thick.  And this colorway ends up looking like snow covered mountains or ocean waves, depending on the season and your mindset.

I'm hoping this will be my Christmas Eve cast on project.  That's not to say I am not dying to cast it on right this very minute.  Absolutely dying! But, remember how my new, updated Christmas plan/schedule has absolutely no room for any disruptions?  Well, so far it's working.  I'm only behind by one to-do item.  That is far better than expected!  I might actually get everything done this year! 

Famous last words. 

I probably just karma'ed myself into disaster.  Yikes!

Oh, check out those adorable mitten stitchmarkers.  I just love how Yarniverse always puts little surprise thank you gifts in your bag.  Thank you Yarniverse!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of thick and thin yarn either, but now I'm curious. The pattern sounds intriguing and you MUST show how it turns out!! Cure mitten stitch markers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested to see how this knits up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got my attention. I've got a lot of handspun that looks like that. I'll have to go investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never cared much for knitting with the think and thin yarn but I do like many projects that I've seen made with it. Hopefuly my cast-on will be a sweater and bonnet set for my soon to be born granddaughter. It's chilly a lot in London so I think it will get a lot of wear.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a cowl I am planning on, only, I can't decide WHICH cowl!! I am considering Appia or Cowboy Cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've knit several of those cowls. They are SO.MUCH.FUN! You chose a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete