Friday, June 26, 2020

We interrupt this broadcast

This knitting blog is about to go dark.


I have rediscovered floating.  I worked like a mad woman over the summer for the previous eight years and never got in the water once during those years.  Well, maybe I did once or twice but not enough to be memorable.  Well, there was that time when I went water skiing.  That was memorable. Water skiing when you are past 50 and you haven't been on skis in 30 years is not recommended.  I couldn't even brush my teeth the next day.  It was fun, but maybe not worth the pain.

Anyway, I've rediscovered floating.  Floating does not cause pain.  Floating is Heaven!  Floating is THE most relaxing exercise.  And believe me, there is no exercise involved!  

I will miss my yarn and I will miss you but... 

I plan to spend every single waking hour, except when it thunderstorms, floating.  I plan to get UTI's and even crotch rot from spending too much timue in a wet bathing suit.  And it will be worth it!

12 comments:

  1. That does look like heaven!!!!! Yarn will wait but these warm summer months won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! Except for maybe that crotch rot. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! But maybe try to avoid the crotch rot? That doesn't sound like fun and almost certainly would interfere with floating time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome plan!! Sorry you weren't able to have the biopsy, fingers crossed it will work out in July.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so relaxing and refreshing! Don't forget the sun screen! Hope you have many beautiful sunny days to float in your pool this summer! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like such a fun time (I like to float as well). Or wade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't swim, or float. It sounds divine though. I hope you enjoy every moment. The yarn will be waiting.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Jeannie. I feel so good when I float on my paddle board . Whether it is wavy or calm. Fireman is my spotter. There is nothing like floating. I imagine it when I am having trouble falling asleep. Im going to knit and float and have fireman take a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds heavenly (well, except for that last part!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, maybe not the UTI ----------DON'T get one of those. Ow!

    Have fun. We'll see you back here when the leaves turn orange and the water goes cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful pool! I can see why you'll be disappearing for awhile! (But do get out and dry off every once in a while. To avoid that crotch rot. . . ) XO

    ReplyDelete