Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sunday Supper - Father's Day

Wishing all the dads out there a happy Father's Day.  I'm also wishing my husband a happy birthday.  Ha!  I got to combine the holidays this year and only have to cook once.  It's feeling a bit like Mother's Day.  :)

Pulled Pork Rub from tastesoflizzyt.com

And yes, I'm cheating a little bit on today's recipe.  Rather than a 'real' recipe, it's a recipe for Pulled Pork Rub.  I've never tried this particular recipe before but I use this type of thing constantly.  I make giant batches of it and not only use it as a rub, but I also keep some in a salt shaker to sprinkle on chicken or pork chops.  I love the salt shaker method because touching the raw meat sort of whigs me out.

Oh and I just remembered that today is also the summer solstice.  Happy everything day!



5 comments:

  1. Three in one! Good for you. We are on the down side of the grocery delivery so The Mister is going to have to take pot luck. He wanted a bushel of crabs but the prices were terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the recipe and it sounds wonderful! I think I'll be making some of that rub myself. Thanks! Have a great Fathers Day.
    BLessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy everything day ! love it. Rubs ...I think you really have to have a knack for rubs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy everything right back at 'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love our meat rubs! Hubster keeps a blackening rub on hand for everything. He's had to back off the heat for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete