Thursday, June 4, 2020

Three on Thursday - Rambling Rows

First, there was a snafu.

Blanket knit with mitered squares and rectangles and scrap yarns.
Slight snafu on my Rambling Rows afghan

Argh!  That multi-colored square attached to the yellow rectangle and blue square was not supposed to be attached to the blue square.  It was supposed to just hang down under the yellow.

I cut off the blocks that were knit incorrectly.  Easy fix!
Snafu removed

Second, I tried to fix it the easy way.  Although it would make the mitered angles go in the wrong direction, my plan was to cut off the offending square, leave the white and brown blocks hanging and work backwards from there.  It was late at night when I made this decision and that's never a good time to make decisions.  I didn't notice that I was pulling on live stitches while I was yanking on the bits of multi-colored yarn trying to get them to separate from the brown and white squares.  By the time I realized what I was doing, I had messed up most of the stitches on multiple rows.

Rambling Rows afghan knit with fingering weight wool
Starting over

Third, it was easier to just cut off the white square and start the whole section over.

I hope that you are having better luck than I with your knitting and that you'll join me for Three on Thursday.

9 comments:

  1. That whole project is a head scratcher for me. I admire your patience. It's going to be quite spectacular when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we've all done things like this before. Sometimes it's worth avoiding the headache to just cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm glad you are back on track but that's just a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, glad you are back on track. But like Araignee, the whole project is confusing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you had a slight boo-boo there, hopefully you are back to square and moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s so good to know I’m not the only one who gets to the end of my rope with my own mistakes sometimes! I call myself “a rustic knitter” for good reasons :) Good for you for getting it back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The afghan is going to be beautiful...I'm trying my hand at a log cabin/9patch and it has been a learning experience, for sure!
    Knit on! Looks like you came up with a great fix.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoa. I'm impressed you tried to fix it! and glad you're back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're back on track. I've done a similar thing with my cozy memories quilt squares and I think it's easier to take it off and start again. It will be beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete