Thursday, August 29, 2019

What's next?

I finished the Out of Winter shawl, and I'm almost finished with the Newborn Vertebrae and my Eclipse shawl.  Actually, Eclipse, as written, should have two more pattern repeats but I want it more scarf sized so I'm going to leave them off.  Plus, by leaving off those two repeats, I'll have enough yarn left for baby sweater.  Win/win!

Anyway...

Now the problem of what to knit next?  Obviously there will be a baby thing.  But I have a massive case of fall fever and want to knit fingerless mitts.  Plus, I got a new cable needle that I'm dying to use so....

So today's Three on Thursday is three pair of fingerless mitts I'm trying to choose between.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/te-ara-fingerless-mitts
Te Ara

Te Ara fingerless mitts designed by Rachel C?  I really love this design and I have plenty of appropriate yarn.  And the pattern is free.  Yay!


worsted weight, cabled fingerless mitts
Arden

Or Arden, another free design from Mikka?  These are worsted weight so they'd knit up faster.  Plus, I'd get to use my new snazzy cable needle.

https://www.jgknits.com/2017/01/knitting-with-bison.html
faux cabled fingerless mitts

Or my old standby that I made up and know by heart so I don't have to bother looking at a pattern?

Decisions, decisions.

Join me over at Carole's for today's Three on Thursday link up.

13 comments:

  1. All are very pretty . . . but I favor your own standby myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do too but mainly because I'm lazy. I don't have to look at the pattern, track my rows or keep up with the cable needle. And the faux cable is stretchy so I don't have to worry about them being too tight. But on the other hand.... I've knit them so many times I feel like I should try something new.

      Delete
  2. They are ALL gorgeous. If you want to do something new though, I vote for Arden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are all so pretty!!! I love the one with the cables. I don't think I've ever made a cabled mitt. Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! How am I supposed to choose? Perhaps I should knit all 3.

      Delete
  4. You cannot lose with any of them I d go mindless though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all nice ! I have a silly question though: when does one wear these ? For, usually my hands are quite cold ( especially my fingers ), but I tried them a few times and they seem to get in the way when writing or knitting - or is that just something I should get used to ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several pair knit with fingering weight that I wear doing indoor activities. I will admit, I do have difficulty knitting with them on. Normally I just push them up to be wrist warmers rather than hand warmers when I knit. But for outdoors, I usually knit them so that the fingers are slightly longer than the pattern recommends then when it's freezing outside, I just curl my fingers up and into them - like making a fist inside the glove. My hands stay warm but I still have use of my fingers for things like keys and dog leashes... I felt pretty silly wearing the first pair I knit for myself but I quickly found that I LOVE fingerless mitts. About the only time I wear normal gloves/mittens now is when I'm scraping large amounts of snow off the car. It does help that I live in moderate temperatured Virginia and not a 'frozen tundra' state. :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry about gauge issues on baby sweaters, love the 1st two choices on the cabled mitts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three mitt patterns are pretty. I have quite a few pairs and really enjoy them. During cool and cold weather, I keep a pair in the car, one beside my bed to wear while reading on cold nights, and one short pair beside the computer at my desk. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete