Tuesday, August 27, 2019

The Boys

While knitting Out of Winter's lace border, I've been binge watching The Boys from my Amazon watch list. 

Amazon Prime Original show about superheros gone bad
photo courtesy of wowkia.com
Have you seen it?  It's all about when superheros go bad.  It's shocking. It's scary. (It's not Boo! scary, but the concept is.)  It's funny.  And it's excellent.  And one of my favorite characters is a sexist pig and and gets sent away to Sandusky, Ohio as punishment for his deeds.  Sandusky is home to Cedar Point which gets mentioned in the show and Cedar Point owns the theme park where I work.  I fell in love with the show just a little bit more.

And about the knitting....

simple stockinette, striped, lace border shawl https://www.jgknits.com/2019/08/knit-night-knitting.html
Out of Winter shawl

I'm a little more than half way through the lace border on Out of Winter.  I hope to finish it today.

Work has entered that Glorious time known as "weekends only" so I have a little extra knitting time now.  Yay!! 

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that shawl finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! :) I've loved knitting it, but I'm ready to move on to baby knitting.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I think we'd enjoy that show, too - sounds right up our alley ;-) And I love the lace work on the border of your shawl - that orange is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The lace is surprisingly easy and frustrating at the same time. :) It has a k4tog row and I'm using very blunt needles which is 99% of my frustration.

      Delete
  3. I just love that shawl so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait to have it finished and blocked.

      Delete
  4. The lace is lovely!! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see this all finished - half way is a wonderful place to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cedar Point was the closest theme park for those of us growing up near Detroit. Once we were in the tallest Ferris Wheel when it broke down and we were at the top for what felt like hours but was probably a few minutes. My brother was a nut and kept opening up the door to the car, in those days you could do that type of thing, he actually stood up and made the car swing. It was terrifying to a little girl and I now attribute my fear of heights to him and Cedar Point!

    ReplyDelete