Friday, August 16, 2019

Newborn Vertebrae Cardigan


https://www.ravelry.com/projects/jeanniegrayknits/newborn-vertebrae
Newborn Vertebrae Cardigan

Wow!  That photo looks so much better on my phone than it does here on the blog.

I'm still awaiting the baby-appropriate yarn shipment.  According to the tracking, it's caught up somewhere at the post office.  Damned postal service!

Meanwhile, I'm using some scrap yarn to knit a Newborn Vertebrae cardigan.  The green may not be 'pastel' exactly, but it was available and the baby is due in March.  He/she will need to celebrate his/her Irish heritage with a St. Patrick's Day sweater.  

The pattern is super simple and I can't wait to find out the baby's sex so I can knit a few more in the appropriate colorway.

12 comments:

  1. How sweet! I love that green. Perfect for a March baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Best of all, I'm knitting with left over scrap yarn.

      Delete
  2. So cute! Have fun with your baby knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and I forgot to say congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty shade of green. The pattern is really cute too (I downloaded it to my library...you never know!!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Poseidon is one of my favorite Hawthorne colorways. As for the pattern, it is super simple and best of all, no buttons to sew on!

      Delete
  5. It's adorable!! Hey, babies wear all colors, it will be OK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to quietly encourage the parents to get over their desire for everything to be pastel. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh it is so darn cute. Perfect color for any baby!

    ReplyDelete