Sunday, August 18, 2019

Sunday Supper - Slow Cooker Corn Chowder

It's that time of year.  That time of year when I'm dreaming of fall and sweaters and campfires and thick, hearty soups simmering on the stove top.  And while I may be dreaming of all that, my reality is that it's 95 degrees and 98% humidity and THE last thing I want is soup simmering for hours on the stove top making the kitchen even more humid.

A slow cooker, or in my case, Instant Pot, to the rescue!  

https://damndelicious.net/2019/05/28/slow-cooker-corn-chowder/
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder from damndelicious.net

Today's Sunday Supper recipe is for Slow Cooker Corn Chowder from Chungah at Damn Delicious.  It's the perfect recipe for this time of year.  First of all, it's super simple.  Second, it cooks in the slow cooker so it's not heating up the house and making your kitchen feel like a tropical rain forest.  Third, it uses fresh ingredients and is relatively healthy.  Fourth, it uses up some of that over abundance of summer corn you have hanging around.  And fifth, it feels like fall but tastes like summer.

Does it get any better than that?

Actually, it does get better.  Walmart has candy corn on the shelves now!  But the candy corn is for desert.  We're talking supper here.  You can find the recipe here.

6 comments:

  1. Even though it is hot as blazes outside I am ready for some fall soups too. I'd love to bake some bread but not until those temps drop. My AC is already running overtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will summer ever end?? It's supposed to reach 98 today. I am SO ready for hot, gooey, winter comfort foods.

      Delete
  2. I love corn chowder! And I, too, am yearning for Fall dishes. Even though it is stinking hot, I cooked a roast yesterday AND made gravy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been crazy hot here. Don't even want to use the stove top, much less the oven. A roast with gravy sounds awfully good though.

      Delete
  3. Husband made this recipe last night for our dinner, We loved it and have enough for dinner tonight too, one of the best corn chowders ever. Thanks for posting the link!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it. Corn chowder has always been one of my favorites.

      Delete