Thursday, January 17, 2019

Three on Thursday

I'm joining Carole for Three on Thursday...

Three things about life without pets:

1.  I now have to remember to rinse my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher.  It's been 14 years since I've had to rinse a plate.

2.  I have a lot of spare time on my hands now that I don't have to keep putting the trash back into the trash cans for the second... fourth....tenth time.

3.  We need to be a little more careful about eating things like popcorn and Cheetos.  There's no longer a four-legged vacuum cleaner licking up the dropped pieces from the floor.  We can no longer brush the crumbs off the kitchen counter and have them magically hoovered up by the dog before they even hit the floor.  And dammit!  The family needs to remember to stop throwing tomato slices on the floor.  I never realized how many tomatoes we eat until we no longer had a tomato loving dog who lived to catch tomato slices mid air.

4 comments:

  1. Same here. I don't have a giant cage to clean out every morning anymore or bird seed to sweep up all day. I can now open a chip bag without having to share. I don't have wet walls or floors from an unexpected bath or bags of dirty newspapers to deal with. I have lots more time to knit in the mornings and all the time in the world for myself at night....but I would trade it all for more time with my girl. I miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my minds eye I now see a dog with a vaccuum head for a mouth. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. Maybe that means it's time to get another dog . . . Sending you XO as you adjust to this new emptiness in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had to rinse because the dishes were filthy and then I changed soap and suddenly I do not have to rinse. Name brand works - generic liquid gel does not.

    ReplyDelete