Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Joy

So, pardon me while I just jump right in.  I've been away from the blog longer than I meant to be.  Christmas got the best of me.  And working full time through Christmas!  Good grief!  How do people do that year after year?  I know I'm spoiled, spoiled rotten, and I'm Way out of practice dealing with Christmas, a job and a family all at once but...  It has been 24 years since I worked at Christmas time.  But still....  Wow!  Hat's off to those of you who not only survive it but, thrive throughout it.  If it wasn't for Amazon and my daughter doing all the baking, we would not have had any Christmas at all.

Anyway...

Phew!  I'm glad it's over!  And let's move on to 2019.

My word for 2019 is Joy.  And meet Larry the Lama
Joy

My word for 2019 will be Joy.  And as luck would have it, the day after I put it in writing, I found this Joy cup in the dollar section at Target.   And it's already bringing much joy.  The cup itself is a nice gray color and I seem to be slightly obsessed with gray these days.  It has an awesome travel lid that doesn't leak when I'm my silly self and bend over to pet the dog with a cup in my hand.  (I can't count the number of times I have dumped my drink all over the poor dog and floor from doing that.)  My hot drinks stay hot much longer than in a normal coffee cup.  And of course, it's a constant reminder to find the joy in everyday moments, which is something I desperately need.

And speaking of joy....  Meet Larry.  Larry the Lama.  Is he not adorable?  He arrived in the mail the other day and has kept me company at my desk ever since.  He's so soft and a stroke or two of his soft fur calms me right down when I'm stressing over 2019 budgets, taxes and general to-do lists.  He may become my blog mascot of sorts.

So, as I mentioned earlier, please bear with me.  I'll get to the knitting soon enough.  So much has happened since I stepped away from the blog back in mid-December.  There was Christmas, New Year's, Winterfest, life, and of course, plenty of knitting.  I'll tell you all about it but probably not in time-line order and not today.  Today, I'm going to go be joyful and knit another round.  Or ten.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Here's to a JOY-filled year. (And with that lovely cup and your new mascot at your side, how can it not be???) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love your cup and your mascot. Here's to a wonderful year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larry! That is so funny because my daughter just texted me a photo of a giant llama in her shopping cart that had to come home with her this morning. You can't have too many llama stuffies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have enough lamas! :) I'd love to have a giant one to stand watch over my craft room.

      Delete
  4. Larry is adorable!! I think I need a Larry in my life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back and take your time, I love your word, and your mug and the llama!!

    ReplyDelete