Thursday, January 10, 2019

Three on Thursday - A New Year's Celebration

I celebrated New Year's by kitchnering my Hulk vs. Slytherin socks before I went in to work.  Why was it such a celebration?

socks knit with 2 different dye lots of Paton's Kroy sock  yarn. Colorway is Bramble Stripes
Hulk vs. Slytherin Socks

1.  My kitchner job worked!  It's always questionable.  I always, ALWAYS, get interrupted and I loose my place while mumbling, "Purl on, purl off, knit on, knit off...."

2.  It only took me eleven months and two days to knit the pair of socks.  The first sock was on the needles for eight months to the day, the second sock took four days.  Eight months vs. four days.  How does that happen??

3.  It was New Year's!  Of course I celebrated! 

The socks are obviously not identical.  I didn't even try to make them so. Each sock was knit from a different skein and the dyelots didn't match.  One skein looked to contain much more green and purple (The Hulk) and the other green and gray (Slytherin.)  The colors ended up matching much better than expected.  About the only difference is that one sock has 'dirty white' grayish stripes and speckles in some of the stripes while the other sock has no speckles and the the 'dirty white' isn't all that dirty. It's more of an oatmeal color.

No matter what the socks look like, they fit and they're warm.  Exactly what I was hoping for.

Happy New Year!



5 comments:

  1. Those are so fun!!! I love the colors and I never met a striped sock I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous socks! I love them. Interesting about the length of time on the needles (1st sock versus 2nd sock). I've noticed that my first sock ALWAYS takes much longer than the second...not sure why that is. Maybe once the 1st is done I just get more motivated to speed it up so I can start an entirely new project....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like when the socks are not identical! When I knit socks (which is not very often anymore), I'm intentional about mis-matching. I know it makes some people's eyes twitch . . . but I LIKE it that way. Great socks -- and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fraternal socks versus the identical versions! And, yes, how does that dichotomy in time happen???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love socks that have their own personality, who needs identical?

    ReplyDelete