Thursday, October 18, 2018

Three on Thursday

Today's Three on Thursday is three knitting projects in the works.

free cowl or scarf pattern from Stephen West
Alstroemeria yarn from Shirsty Cat Designs

1.  I finished knitting my Stephen West Purl Ridge Scarf.  I'm counting it as 'still in the works' because I haven't woven the ends in yet.  Or blocked it.  It really doesn't need blocking but I might try to stretch it out a tiny bit.  It's not quite as long as I'd hoped it would be.

purl ridge scarf designed by Stephen West
Purl Ridge Scarf

And yes, as you can see from the photos, the home renovations continue.  And yes, I am quickly loosing my my mind, my patience and my cool due to the unorganized mess.

It's a knitted f bomb.
Nope, it's not a black pumpkin.

2.  Secret Santa knitting.  I still need to add a bit of detail.... and I need to knit eight more.  Possibly twelve more, depending on how generous I'm feeling closer to Christmas.

Hawthorne fingering weight yarn from Knit Picks.  Washable wool.
Laurelhurst Hawthorne Yarn

3.  Another Secret Santa project.  Since taking this photo, I've cast on a Hitchhiker and have a whopping 12 stitches on the needles.  Another Christmas gift, 'almost' done.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely knitting! That cowl is really beautiful -- what a great way to show off lovely yarn. (And . . . is that a time bomb???? Adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun, quick simple project and now I can finally say I've knit a Stephen West design. :) And yes, it is a bomb. It's going to be an "F-bomb"

      Delete
  2. All great projects! Love the color of the yarn for that last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to knit a Hitchhiker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They are great, mostly mindless knits with just enough patterning to keep you from loosing your mind.

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure how I've not been following the blog of someone that knits bombs!?! Clearly, I need to stay tuned. (Bonus points if it is, as suggested above, a Wile E. Coyote bomb.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cowl! I try to block mine as long as possible :) I need to make some more hats....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to block mine because it's a tiny tad bit too short. Feel like I'm wearing a choker when I double wrap it. Love the pattern though. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cowl and gorgeous yarns used for your secret projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The green is knitting up so well, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to put it in the gift pile. Yikes!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm quite pleased with and plan to knit a few more in other colors.

      Delete