Thursday, October 11, 2018

Three on Thursday

For today's Three on Thursday, I thought I'd show you three of the many yarns I bought this past weekend at the fiber festival.  These three skeins have no intended purpose.  Yet.

I'm in search of single skein projects to knit with this yarn.

Left to right, they are:


1.  Winter's Candy Cane from Puff the Magic Rabbit.  I was thinking socks when I bought this, but now I'm considering a hat and mittens instead.  The yarn is a superwash but it's 100% merino so it may make a better hat than socks.

2.  Another Puff the Magic Rabbit yarn called Christmas Tree Lights.  I am head over heels in love with this yarn!  It really does look a Christmas tree lit up with multicolored lights.  It's gorgeous, it sparkles, and it's what drew me into Puff the Magic Rabbit's booth.  I'd already decided that I was too hot and cranky, and I'd spent too much money and I wasn't buying anything else.  But Sarah pointed out Winter's Candy Cane (she knew I wanted to knit another pair of Christmas socks) and Christmas Tree Lights was next to the Candy Cane.... I have no idea what I'll knit with this but what ever the yarn turns into, it will be for me and I will love it.

3.  Twizzelfoot in the Harmony Moss colorway from Mountain Colors.  Its merino wool & silk fiber content make it incredibly soft and I just love the mossy green color. I'm looking forward to seeing how it knits up. Again, I have no idea what I'll use this yarn for but most likely it will be a shawl or scarf.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely yarns . . . all three! (And it does look exactly like a Christmas tree, lit up with colorful lights.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picks and I love how the names are so perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have excellent taste in yarn! Thank you for providing the link to Puff the Magic Rabbit; I may need some Christmas Tree Lights for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really recognize what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally visit my website =). We can have a hyperlink exchange agreement among us
    D2bet

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the name of the yarn dyer!! too cute, and you did such a great job of buying some lovely wool additions.

    ReplyDelete