Monday, October 1, 2018

Makers' Monday

I'm excited and kicking myself at the same time.  

knit cowl with Knit Picks Stroll Tweed http://shrsl.com/16y9v
Christmas gift #1

I cast on the first Christmas gift project of the season.... and it will probably be 2020 when I cast it off.  It's a 280 stitches cowl on fingering weight yarn and it's taking Forever!  And I'm a little worried that the pattern isn't going to show up well on the tiny little stitches.  The original design used worsted weight yarn.

We will see.  

Of course, it may take a week of knitting to see, but we'll see if it works on fingering weight yarn.  I hope so because that inch of knitting has taken me three days.  Good grief!

I hope your knitting is going faster than mine and that you'll join me for Makers' Monday.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely color! I hope it works out. My knitting is even slower, only a few rows a day on a hat I've been working on for weeks now. Sometimes I even skip days. Hope to get my knitting mojo back soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Hope you can get your knitting mojo back soon.

      Delete
  2. It looks interesting . . . I hope it works out to be as lovely as you imagine (and far less frustrating!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started a new project with fingering and 202 stitches and--I am doubtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want to race? Or better yet, we can just call it a knitalong. Lots less pressure that way. :)

      Delete
  4. wahoo! Christmas presents on the needles :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had an "s" on the end of "present." I'm SO far behind where I should be for gift knitting this year.

    ReplyDelete