Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Vicks or Vaseline?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to post today.  I really don't have much to report.

Diagonal striped blanket knit with fingering weight sock yarn scraps.
Diagonal Striped Blanket

Knitting wise, I finally made it across the 50 inch base of the blanket and turned the corner.  And that's it!  That is all the knitting I've done.  Part of me is super frustrated with my lack of progress this week and part of me is pretty dang proud.  Despite this flu/cold from Hell (I think it's just a horrible, horrible cold and not an official flu) I've managed to knit 50 inches of fingering weight garter stitch.  I might not currently be capable of reading a pattern, and I have two unlabeled jars, one of Vaseline and one of Vicks VaporRub, and my nose is so stopped up I can't tell them apart.... but I can rock some garter stitch knitting!

As for my reading, did you catch that bit a moment ago where I said I wasn't currently able to read a pattern?  Yeah, well, I can't read books either.   Apparently the flu/cold is in my eyes as well as my nasal cavities.  I've tried and tried to read but my eyes just gush water (I hope it's water!) and my brain can't make sense of the squiggles on the page.   Currently, I'm typing this post with the zoom set so high I'm only getting five or six words to a line.  It's the only way I can tell what I've typed.  Pathetic!  (I also have no idea how out of focus that photo is so please ignore it if it's so bad it's making you nauseous.)

So, the point is, I haven't read anything this week.  But the squiggles are starting to make a little more sense and my eyes are oozing more at a slow leak pace than a full on gush so I have high hopes that in a day or two....


7 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awful. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    One sniff should identify the Vicks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You know your nose is stopped up when you can't smell the Vicks! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I am hoping you are better soon!

    ReplyDelete