Thursday, March 1, 2018

Three on Thursday

Today's Three on Thursday list may not be the most exciting list you've ever read but count yourselves lucky.  I was out running errands last night and racking my brain trying to think of something to write about for today's post... and all I could come up with was my three favorite trees.

Trees???

So here's my knitting stats for February instead.

1.  I've knit 13 out of 52 hats for a score of 19% complete.

2.  My Ravelry Challenge shows me as having knit 16 out of 60 items, for a score of 27% complete.

3.  The yarn diet.  I cheated one day in February and purchased yarn.  Technically, my yarn diet could be over.  The original, lone "rule" was no yarn purchased until I'd emptied a drawer full.  Technically, I have met that goal.  I've used an entire shoe box sized drawer of tiny bits of scrap yarn on my mitered squares and diagonal stripes blankets.  But the shoe box drawer was not what I meant when I set the "rule."  I meant a chest of drawers drawer full of yarn.  The yarn diet will continue.

Hmmm....  maybe a list of my favorite trees would have been more interesting.

Join me over at Carole's place for today's Three on Thursday link up.

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're in good shape re: your knitting goals for the year. (And it's really hard to stay on a yarn diet. . . ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yarn diets are horrible! But I have to admit, I'm enjoying watching the stash pile slowly, very very slowly, dwindle.

      Delete
  2. Somehow everything about knitting is fascinating to me.
    Meeting knitting goals is great. And since you're on a hat making binge, that stash will shrink, even if you buy an occasional skein. But maybe I shouldn't be enabling you to go shopping ;-) You should live on this island for a while. It's simply impossible to by any yarn here. When we return I will need a second suitcase to bring all the yarn I'm going to buy when we're back in Holland though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine not having access to yarn. I'd be knitting with seaweed and palm fronds. :) Hope you have a Gigantic suitcase. ... And now I'm picturing Customs opening it up to inspect and finding a whole, giant suitcase stuffed full of yarn.

      Delete
  3. I can NEVER stick to a yarn diet. So, if you've cleaned out a drawer without buying yarn .....it doesn't MATTER what size the drawer. You won the battle! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even considered a yarn diet. I love using yarn from my stash, but I also love buying just the right yarn for just the right project (should one come along). Lately, I've been getting my thrills from finishing projects that have been WIPs forEVER!!

    Inquiring minds would love to know... what ARE your 3 Favorite Trees? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just like buying yarn - for any reason. Which is the problem. :) As for my favorite trees, a surprising number of people have asked about it. I think I'll save that info for another 3oT post. Something to look forward to. LOL

      Delete
  5. Well, I would have let you pass with the shoe box "drawer"! But good for you on sticking to it. I have only bought 1 skein myself, but will need to buy a few more to finish an afghan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in good shape because yarn you "have" to buy doesn't count. You know, when someone asks you to knit them something with a specific yarn, or you have to buy an extra skein to finish a project... those don't count. :)

      Delete
  6. Excellent progress! I've bought yarn 3 times recently that I had absolutely no need for and can't even fathom why! :-) I'm going with helping the local economy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you go! You may have just saved someone's job! :)

      Delete
  7. '. . . you have to buy an extra skein to finish a project... those don't count. :)' I'm still on diet then, whew! I'm finishing WIP's and trying not to think about some of the fantastic items that make my fingers itch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm doing everything in my power not to cast on a giant orange, beaded Pi shawl. I have absolutely no need for an orange Pi shawl, nor would I ever wear one.... but I'm dying to knit one.

      Delete
  8. Your yarn diet sounds like it's going well if you emptied out a drawer full. I am trying to knit with what I have in the house as well. However I don't mind if I happen to go yarn shopping :) :)

    ReplyDelete