Friday, March 9, 2018

Anchors Aweigh

Thankfully, I have a new hat on the needles and it may be the only thing saving my husband's life.

So, I'll go ahead and say it.  I am a cold hearted b*tch. 

My husband has the flu and he may not survive.  I'm fairly certain the flu isn't going to kill him but I might.  The man is driving me bonkers BONKERS.  I mean, like stark raving, can I put rat poison in his Tylenol? insane.  I'll be down the hall and I'll hear his coughing and the bed creaking, and his faint little voice calling my name.  I take a big, giant breath of non-flu air and enter his room... and he proceeds to moan and tell me how bad he feels.  And when I ask him what he needs or what can I do to help him, he just moans and tells me he thinks he's dying.  And yes, I'm a cold hearted b*tch because my response is starting to be, "When?"

I don't do well with sick people.  Can you tell?  I specially don't do well when my loved ones are sick.  And I really, really don't do well when my big, strong husband is moaning.

About the only thing keeping  him safe is my hat.

Hand knit fair isle hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Anchors Aweigh

I'm calling it the Anchors Aweigh hat because all I want to do is weigh anchor and set sail, away from this flu infested house before I catch it.  I start work tomorrow and I finally have an eye doctor's appointment this afternoon so I can get new glasses.  The ones I currently have are so old & scratched I can only see to read if turn my head all the way to the right and look out of the left edge of my glasses.  I'm so afraid I'm going to catch the flu and not be able to make the appointment.  And I'm starting to get this weird little tickle in my chest.

As for the hat, I'm hoping the design will look better after it's blocked.  I've never been super great with fair isle knitting.  I really struggle with keeping my tension even.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a lovely design! I have been wanting to try fair isle for a long time, but never did. Each time I cast on for a new hat I think this might be the one, but then I shy away from it. Hmn. Maybe this time?
    Sending healing thoughts to your husband and hoping you won't catch it too. Seems he has caught a very dangerous flu ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm actually pretty worried about my husband. We know 3 people who have died from this year's flu and he refuses to go to the doctor. But I guess as long as he's moaning, he's also breathing. :) You should definitely try fair isle. Even when it looks horrible, it's still fun to do.

      Delete
  2. I hope your husband recovers quickly -- and that you remain healthy and strong. (Once, many years ago, both of my then-young children were sick with ear infections and bronchitis AND my husband had the flu all at the same time. Throught it all, I remained healthy! So there is hope.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! It's bad enough when 2 kids are sick at the same time, but to throw your husband into the mix as well. You must be a saint to deal with it! I'm hoping and praying and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I don't catch it. I did have a flu shot so....

      Delete
  3. I managed to avoid the dreaded,flu this year, as health officials say it's left the area. I hope your husband shakes it soon and that you don't get it.

    Love the hat. I've knit one Fair Isle project and had a hard time with tension. I guess I need more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on avoiding the flu! I don't know where you are, but if it's left your area, I'm coming to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the anchors away! I am spoiled because my husband is a loner and when he is sick he is quiet and keeps to himself, he still bugs me though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband's saying is "I'm freaking dying over here". We usually just ignore him. Hope your hat keeps you sane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you managed to avoid all the flu germs!
    My husband wants to be left alone when he's sick. I feel guilty, leaving him alone in bed, but I'm not complaining!

    ReplyDelete