Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Yarn Along Wednesday

Can you believe it's already Wednesday? Where has this week gone?

Oh yeah, it was wasted reading angry political posts on social media.  Good grief!  I'm deeply saddened and frankly, worried, about how angry & divided our country has become.

But enough about that.  Let's talk about it being a Yarn Along Wednesday.  As has become my tradition, I'm joining Ginny's link up to discuss knitting and books.  Sadly, I haven't gotten much reading done this week.  I'm still working my way through The E-Myth.  I'm still enjoying it, but I've been enjoying my knitting more.  My copy of The E-Myth is an actual hard copy, paper book which I find difficult to deal with while I knit.  I'm also not talented enough to cable and read at the same time.

Honeycomb sweater from Knit Picks Woodsmoke cable collection and 2 knit hats for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits?ref=hdr_shop_menu.
Honeycomb & Hats

And my Honeycomb sweater has a LOT of cables!

Despite the extensive cabling (it has cables every right side row. Every single one of them!) it's coming along nicely.  Inauguration Day helped.  I spent the entire day knitting in front of the TV.  I don't believe I've ever watched that much of the inauguration hoop-la in my entire life.

Okay, okay - enough about the inauguration.  I'm determined not to discuss politics.  The point was, I got a lot of knitting done that day.  Otherwise, I'm averaging an inch, sometimes less, a day.  At first I was a little upset about how long it was taking, however now that I've got a decent amount of knitted fabric in my lap, I think I'm glad it's taking me a lifetime.  Now, I'm just hoping that it will take me so long that the hot flashes of menopause are loooooong gone before I finish knitting this sweater.  With all those honeycomb cables knit from worsted weight wool, it's going to be a very thick and warm sweater.  I may have to move to Alaska to wear it.

I also finished knitting a couple of hats this week.  If it ever stops raining, I'll get them photographed properly and listed for sale in my shop.  Both hats have hanging loops and I'm super pleased with the way the fair isle stripe turned out on the one hat.

Well, I think I've let this post drag on long enough.  When I sat down to start typing, I was expecting it to be a photo and two sentences.  I should have known better.  When have I ever said what I had to say in only two sentences?

Join me over at Ginnny's Yarn Along to see what others are knitting and reading.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful knitting as always and I keep trying not to check the news and then check the news. It's a slippery slope for me. I have been enjoying the quiet of January days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too try to keep away from social media. Many people are torn apart or love Trump, and there's very little actual discussion.

    Your honeycomb sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love honeycomb cables, they are my favorite for stitch definition.
    It is going to be a beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The honeycomb cables look wonderful. Cabling every other row might loose me though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That honeycomb sweater is fabulous. I am sure you will get through the hot flashes soon enough to wear it.

    ReplyDelete