Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Just a dusting

The snowstorm forecast for this past weekend actually hit.  We were in the light dusting to 3 inches section of the map, but ended up getting closer to six inches.  And it was cold! Single digits cold.

A view of the snow falling from the comfort and safety of my couch & warm blanket

Three days later and the only photo I have of the snow was taken while it was falling, from the comfort and safety of my comfy chair and snugly warm blanket.

One of three custom order hats for https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits

I have pretty much lived under the snugly warm blanket ever since.  It remains cold and the snow hasn't melted.  It's still out there.  I refuse to make friends with it.

Instead of playing in the snow, I've hung out with my blankie and kept myself busy knitting and reading.  The book was Midnight Betrayal by Melinda Leigh.  "Was" because I've finished it since taking that photo.  It was a Who Done It type story with a little romance thrown in and it captivated me from the first page.

As for the knitting, the knitting has been perfect.  A previous Etsy shop customer asked me to knit another three hats for him.  The colors he wanted were already in my stash so I didn't even have to go shopping.  (I'm still zero for $0.00 on my no impulse shopping challenge! Yay me!)  I cast on all three of the hats, completed the hemmed brims and now I can just sit back and knit and read and maybe even binge watch Season 3 of the Vikings.

***Yikes! I'm editing this post because I completely forgot to mention that I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along.  Apparently I'm suffering from winter brain freeze. So, please, join me over at Ginny's place to see what others are knitting and reading.

7 comments:

  1. What a cozy post :) Your stitches are so perfectly even! Happy crafting, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got walloped here in Wisconsin by a big blizzard yesterday that was followed by pouring rain and then another blizzard last night. Not fun driving to/from work these past few days! The book sounds good. You might like Mean Streak by Sandra Brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll check it out. I love Sandra Brown books but for some reason, haven't read any for a few years.

      I really shouldn't complain about our weather when I look at what's going on in the rest of the country. Stay safe & warm!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect way to spend winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having the same experience here - a couple inches forecasted has turned into at least a foot of snow and it's still falling! I can't complain, I love snow, although I have been feeling a bit housebound! But it's so beautiful and covers all the dark and dull of winters here in our spot of Eastern Washington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's a big difference. Hope you were prepared for that much snow. Here on the east coast, if one snow flake is predicted, we all rush to the grocery store to buy a month's worth of bread & milk. Lived here all my life & I'm still not sure why we need so much extra bread & milk but.... Stay warm & enjoy your snow.

      Delete