Sunday, January 29, 2017

Owning it

I was going to call this post "Insert Curse Word Here" because, well, dammit!

Knitting a cabled sweater from Knit Picks' Woodsmoke Collection. The Honeycomb Sweater.
Honeycomb Arrow Panel

So, I've been knitting away on my Honeycomb sweater and I've been noticing that the lines on the left side of my arrow panels are squiggly while the right side are much straighter.  And I've been thinking (hoping) it will block out and then I remembered I'd had the same issue on sock gussets and you kind people had told me what I was doing wrong.  Of course, I don't remember what the answer was, but I do remember asking and being told.  And I've also been wondering why the pattern designer didn't write better instructions so that this didn't happen because I am following the instructions.

Except,

Dammit!

I'm not even close to following the instructions on the arrow panel.

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

So now my question is.....  I've already knit 16 or 17 inches on the back of the sweater.  I'm not frogging it now.  I'm just not.  So, the question is, once the back is finished, and finished the way it's been started, should I, Option A, continue knitting the rest of the sweater the same way; Option B, find the answer to my sock gusset issue and make the left side of the arrow straight like the right side for the rest of the sweater; or Option C, actually follow the directions for the rest of the sweater? You can see what it's supposed to look like  here.  The difference isn't huge, but it's there.

Do I fix it for the rest of the sweater, or should I just own my design modification?  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Keep doing what you're doing. It's perfectly attractive, it will straighten out a little during blocking, and honestly, it will look worse if the arrows change halfway through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot see what you are fretting about so I say keep going and blocking will do wonders. Looks like it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete