Friday, January 6, 2017

It's torture


What was I thinking?  Apparently, I wasn't.

I can not believe I went public with my No Spending for 30 Days idea.  I mean, seriously.  What was I thinking?

It's only January 6th.  It's been six days of pure torture.  Torture, I tell you.  Pure, absolute torture.

Target has Sharpies and giant packs of Post-It-Notes on sale.  And all that Valentine stuff in the Dollar section.  I'm not really into hearts, but I do love anything red and white.

Luckily, my daughter was with me and she dragged me out of the store.  I looked like a little kid throwing a temper tantrum over a candy bar at the grocery store.

But I didn't buy and Sharpies or Post-Its.  Or that adorable bright red cake stand that would look so cute on my desk holding my pencil cup & Post-It collection.

Torture. Absolute torture!

I started reading a new book on my Kindle and was really enjoying it and all of a sudden - the book just ended.  What??  Dammit!  It was a Sample book not a whole book.  Double dammit!  I was really into the story, but I didn't go buy the whole book.  I'll save it for February 1st.  That's the plan, at least.

I'm out of chocolate.

Seriously.  I'm out of chocolate and I think buying an economy size bag of Hershey Kisses would probably count as needless, spur of the moment, junk food shopping.  Dammit!

It's going to be a long month!

A very long month, made even longer by tomorrow's pending snow storm and did I mention - there's NO chocolate in the house.

30 days without shopping, https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Minnie says, "But Mom, at least you have yarn."

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but as someone who just stumbled upon your blog and read this, I have to tell you, it cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete