Saturday, January 21, 2017

Almost

January is almost over.  I have eleven days left of my self imposed no impulse spending challenge.  Good thing, too!  Besides the fact that my Amazon Wish List has gone from four or five items to close to two hundred items, the cupboards are almost empty.  On January 1st, our refrigerator was so full we had to be careful that the door stayed closed.  Today,

#challengeyourself, #30DayChallenge challenge not to spend any money for 30 days.

Okay, that's a slight exaggeration.  That empty refrigerator was given to us the other day (note 'given,' we did not pay for it. Yay!) But our regular fridge isn't looking much better.  Dirtier,maybe, but not fuller.

So far, I've spent a grand total of $23.14 this month (not counting monthly bills.)  That even includes what I've spent on groceries!  Okay, in full disclosure, the spouse has picked up bread & milk a few times but for the most part, we've eaten out of the cupboards.

So what have I been doing instead of spending money?

Knitting Honeycomb sweater from Knit Picks Woodsmoke Cable Collection
Honeycomb Cabled Sweater

I've been knitting cables.  Slowly, slowly knitting cables & watching the inauguration.


No comments:

Post a Comment