Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Knitting Cables

I hope you like gray.

Hand Knit cabled sweater, pattern from http://www.knitpicks.com/
Honeycomb Sweater, Woodsmoke Cable Collection

Because you're going to be seeing this Honeycomb sweater for a long, long time.

My great grandchildren's children will be old and gray by the time I finish knitting this sweater.

Every row, every single row, has a cable.

But despite the probability that I won't live long enough to knit the back, much less the front and sleeves, I'm loving it so far.  The pattern is well written & easy to read (and will be even more enjoyable if I can memorize the arrow pattern.)  It's also knit with worsted weight yarn (Wool of the Andes) so the rows are stacking up quickly.  Well, not quickly, but a lot faster than they'd stack if I was using fingering weight.


2 comments:

  1. I bet you will be done knitting this sweater way before then. Lovely stitch definition!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you're right but I don't have a lot of confidence. I'm only averaging 1 honeycomb section per day.

      Delete