Wednesday, November 30, 2016

When Karma Bites Back

Good grief!  This is what I get for bragging about how far along I am on the Christmas Knitting To-Do list.

Frogging and knitting a cowl for a Christmas gift.  bad karma
Christmas Knitting Frogging

I just frogged seven rows of 350 stitches of THE splittiest yarn ever spun and am picking back up the 350 stitches all over again.  Did I mention that the yarn splits?  And how it doesn't grab onto itself so that each time the loose stitches shift slightly, eight good stitches frog themselves?  Can I just pretend the relative this project is intended for doesn't exist?  Please?

And before anyone comments on this project's ugly color... It's not really that color.  Well, the pink sort of is.  But the other yarn is actually a pretty black with blips of matching pink and yellow.  I know - it sounds horrible but it somehow magically works.  It just doesn't 'work' under incandescent lighting in a very dark and gloomy house on a very rainy day.  Today's weather is matching my current feelings about this project.  But I have confidence.  One day soon, the rain will stop, the sun will shine and I will, I repeat, I will get these 350 stitches picked back up.

And once those 350 stitches are picked back up and oriented properly on my needles, I will celebrate by reading another chapter in my current Christmas romance, Sara in Montana by Morris Fenris.  Join me on Ginny's Yarn Along to see what others are reading and knitting.  Or frogging.  Hopefully,  for their sake, knitting.

4 comments:

  1. oh goodness, we have all "been there, done that" but having the splittiest yarn ever does make it more difficult. (spell check is having a field with splittiest)...

    i like the color - i thought it was purple, not pink!!!

    and when you said "oriented properly on my needles" i kind of smiled. i thought that was just me turning them around afterward!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL, I automatically read field day in your first response. The brain is an amazing thing, isn't it? Spell check doesn't knit apparently. :)

      Delete
  3. Noooooo!!!!!!! Well just look at all of that fine extra knitting you get to do...however splitty yarn is not cool.

    ReplyDelete