Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Preparing for Thanksgiving

Thank goodness tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Reading Christmas romances and knitting hats for https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanniegrayknits
Yarn Along Wednesday

Because I've already started my Christmas reading.

Actually, I'm hanging my head in holiday shame because not only have I begun the tradition of ignoring my ever-growing To-Do list by obsessively reading Christmas romances, I've even been listening to Christmas carols.  I know, it's shameful.  Shameful!  I'm a firm believer in celebrating one holiday at a time but....  I just couldn't wait this year.

I did take a short break from holiday romance reading to check another Christmas gift off the To-Knit list.  That's four gifts down, only 4,000 more to go.  Four gifts down before Thanksgiving!  I think that deserves an hour or so spent with a cheesey Christmas romance novel and a glass of wine.

But before I hit the bottle too hard, I should probably go get the Thanksgiving baking done.  Wish me luck.  I'll need it!

Wishing you all a very happy, safe, drama-free Thanksgiving!

(And don't forget to join me over at Ginny's for Yarn Along Wednesday.)

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait this year either. I've been watching Hallmark movies since the weekend! I do like that hat - what pattern is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, me too! I LOVE Hallmark Christmas movies. The hat is just something I made up. It's a 2x2 rib with a mock cable thrown in on the knit stitches every 4th row. Very simple.

      Delete
  2. I've been listening to Christmas music since around Halloween. I don't even bother to hide it anymore. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful knit, i hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving!!! i decorated my house early this year - good thing as i am still in a food coma from yesterday and have done nothing today!!!

    i have been watching christmas shows and i have no shame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful knitting and I haven't read a Christmas romance this year but I like the hopefulness of it all!

    ReplyDelete