Monday, November 28, 2016

Almost

This has been a crazy exciting holiday weekend.  Okay, let me rephrase that.  For a frantic, dangerously close to panicking knitter, this has been a crazy exciting holiday weekend.  And by exciting, I mean since arriving home from Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's, I have done nothing but watch Gilmore Girls and knit.  I Love Gilmore Girls.  It's my favorite show, next to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Anyway... luckily for me, the Gilmore Girls reunion premiered on Netflix this weekend.  Of course I watched it in it's entirety without pausing.  While doing that, I finished up three custom orders.  As soon as I was finished watching A Year in the Life, I flipped back to Season 1, Episode 1 and kept on knitting.  Since then, I've finished up the last of the Must Do shop knitting and cast off two more Christmas gifts.  Having all those Thanksgiving left-overs and the fact that my daughter likes to cook has really helped the situation.

Knitting a cowl for a Christmas gift and watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
Christmas Gift Knitting

It's also nice that my daughter gets even more excited about Christmas than I do.  She does the decorating.  She's been dying to put up our new $20 Christmas tree.  (The six foot $20.00 Christmas tree is a whole other story, to be told at a later date.)  It's a little plasticky up close but it's up, it's decorated and from across the room, it looks great.

It's also great that, as long as I'm not forgetting anyone, I only have two more Christmas gifts to knit.   Two!  I'm almost finished Christmas Gift Knitting!  I can not believe how much Lorelai and Rory have helped me accomplish.  Thanks, girls.


1 comment:

  1. I only just started watching and I am going to savor it in bite sized viewings :) I am decorated!! and I'm exhausted...

    ReplyDelete