Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Let the Christmas Panic Begin

As thankful as I am that November's daily posting is over, it's December and time for all things Christmas.  And part of all things Christmas is making a December mood board.  And of course while I was on Pinterest making the mood board, I came across a Christmas Photo a Day list.  Dammit!  I was so close to going back to only posting a couple of times a week instead of daily.  But a Christmasy photo a day challenge does sound like fun.

Yeah, a Christmasy photo a day challenge sounds like fun until you realize it's December 1st.  and I need a Christmasy photo but I haven't gone into the attic yet to get the decorations and it's pouring down rain so I'm not going outside to take pictures of the holly leaves.  So....

sad little night light tree https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Christmas Night Light

Our Christmas night light.  It got set out when I was putting the Halloween decorations away and I never put it back into the attic.  You have to cut the poor little tree a little slack.  It was $2.00 at GoodWill a few years ago.  Some of the branches are five or six inches longer than others nearby.  It sort of looks like it's suffered some kind of nuclear tragedy, but when you're knitting in the dark at 3:00 a.m. because the husband gets pissy about trying to sleep with the lights on and you're still on the summer's work-all-night, sleep-all-day sleep schedule, it's right pretty and you hardly notice it's weird branches or that it tilts to the left.

So, what am I knitting at 3:00 a.m., you ask?

slouchy hat and toddler cardigan https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Christmas Panic Knitting

Another faux cabled slouchy hat and Classic Elite's Smocked Cardigan.  The cardigan is being knit for my niece with some very boring white wool but it will get dyed once it's finished.  I can't decide if I should dye it then gift it, or gift it and let the young lady choose the dye color and help me with the dye process.  I guess the answer to that will depend on (1) how close to Christmas it is when I finish it, and (2) whether said niece has dropped the "Great" from Great Aunt Jeannie.

And, just because I discovered this forgotten picture on the camera....

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
full moon

We had a full moon the other night and it was one of those huge, low-hanging full moons.  It was also incredibly bright, except there were thin clouds floating across it.  And while I was out in the yard taking the picture, a fox, or maybe a ghost, ran across the yard right in front of me.  I'm really not sure what it was.  It was just a low to the ground, gray shape that sped past.  I'm assuming it was a fox because I don't know what else could have been moving that fast, but I'm not counting out some kind of animal ghost either.  What ever it was, it was definite proof that I should be inside Christmas panic knitting, not outside taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment