Monday, November 30, 2015

Giving Thanks, Day 30

Giving Thanks, Day 30, otherwise known as thank the Lord it's the end of November & I can go back to posting only a few times a week.  I'm proud of myself for posting daily for a full 30 days though.  Actually, I didn't.  I missed yesterday.  Instead of blogging I cleaned & purged the house and made a giant pile of stuff to take to GoodWill.  And I'm thankful for that.  I was also thankful for Amazon yesterday.  Actually, thankful might not be the right word.  In total awe is more like it.  The fuel pump went out on my car Saturday.  Saturday night, around 8:30 p.m. (8:41 to be exact) my husband ordered a replacement pump from Amazon.  Sunday morning. when I came down stairs around 9:30 a.m., the pump was sitting on our front porch.  Not only did Amazon deliver it on a Sunday, it was delivered less than 13 hours from the moment we ordered it.  I am in awe!

I'm also thankful that the replacement pump works and that my husband was able to install it and my daughter can take my car to school today instead of me having to drive her in the company truck.  (She's not insured to drive the truck.)  My husband is thankful that Nissan's fuel pumps are located under the back seat instead of where ever Chevy puts theirs.  I'm not sure where Chevy places their fuel pumps, but I know replacing them involves a full day in the garage with the vehicle completely torn apart, lots and lots of curse words from my husband and bloody knuckles.    The Nissan's fuel pump replacement took about an hour and a half and no Bandaids were required.  Thank you Nissan!

But that was yesterday.

Today, I'm thankful for a wonderful mother-in-law who wishes to remain anonymous and a terrific brother-in-law who makes my sister very happy.

1976

So, thanks for being you, Irene & Boots.  And happy birthday to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment