Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Wishes

What's on your December reading list?  I get a little sappy this time of year and love to read Christmas romances.  Well, Christmas romances & Skipping Christmas.  I read Skipping Christmas every year because it's so funny and so true and laughing at the ridiculousness of the over-spending part of the holiday seems to ground me a little and helps me keep the debit card hidden in my wallet instead of flashing it at every available cashier.

But moving on past Skipping Christmas....  I have several holiday romances lined up on my Kindle and the first in the que is Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses by Jenny Hale.  I've read all of Jenny's/Mrs. Hale's other books and enjoyed them all.  Jenny/Mrs. Hale is an excellent writer, her books are well edited (it just drives me crazy to read a book full of typos and for some reason, romance novels tend to be) and her obvious love of Christmas makes my sister look like a total Scrooge.  And if you know my sister, you know she is anything but a Scrooge.  Anyway.... if you're looking for a nice Christmas themed book to read this year, grab a copy of Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses or any of Jenny's/Mrs. Hale's other novels.  You won't be sorry.

And yes, I realize it's weird to keep calling Jenny/Mrs. Hale "Jenny/Mrs. Hale"  but there's a reason for it. Her writing deserves respect & I feel I should call her Mrs. Hale.  After all, I wouldn't refer to Stephen King as Steven.  Except I worked for Jenny's/Mrs. Hale's father for years and knew Jenny when she was 12.  I got to hear all about her preteen angst, her first boyfriend, her first prom, her high school graduation....  It just seems weird to call her Mrs. Hale.  So, for the purpose of this blog, she's Jenny/Mrs. Hale.

But what I call her shouldn't matter.  Just go grab one of her books and start reading.  You won't be sorry.

As for knitting while I read, I won't be knitting on the blue striped hat.

light weight unisex slouchy hat for sale at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Blue Striped Slouchy Hat

Because it's finished!  And listed in my Etsy shop.  Yay!  One more thing crossed off the Christmas Panic Knitting list.


No comments:

Post a Comment