Thursday, December 31, 2015

Closing the calendar

Wow!  December 31st, 2015.  This past year sure did fly by.  I've never been one to spend a lot of time reflecting back on the past year's happenings and I don't bother to make resolutions for the coming year.  I used to, but really, why bother?  I know they'll be broken by January 2nd, the 3rd at the latest.  I have to admit though, I do love to close one calendar and open a brand new one.  There is just so much hope and potential in a new calendar.  It's always fun to think about what exciting adventures a new calendar year will bring.

I have no idea what those 2016 adventures will be, but I'm closing 2015 with a bit of end of year knitting.  I finished this octopus button hat just moments before midnight last night.

Octopus button band hat https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Octopus Hat

I knit a few button band hats for Christmas gifts and while out button shopping for them, I found about a zillion other buttons for future hats.  

octopus button band hat  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Octopus button

I absolutely love that cute little octopus and am so glad he came with two more of his friends.  I've already cast on a new burgundy hat for one of his friends and I'm thinking dark gray or black for the third button.  As cute as he is, this little octopus has proven difficult to coordinate with stashed yarn.

jewel toned sparkly hat https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Sparkly Hat

I finished knitting this sparkly hat in the early morning hours today.  This slouchy hat will take the place of honor as being the last completed project of 2015.  As much as I'd like to think I could power knit through New Year's Eve and finish the next octopus button hat, I'm fairly sure that won't happen.

Speaking of New Year's Eve, I've got to go get ready.  And by get ready, I mean take a shower and put on clean pajamas.  Our New Year's celebration tends to be fairly low key which is fine with me.  We stay home, cook a big chunk of meat on the grill, drink a bottle of wine with dinner and nine years out of ten, fall asleep before the ball drops.  Not a very exciting tradition, but tradition none the less.  And it's a tradition that suits us well.

Meanwhile, Minnie is adding a bit of humor to our New Year's festivities by practicing her Harrison Ford imitation.

dog doing a Harrison Ford imitation
Minnie

I'm wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year.  Stay safe out there tonight!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment