Saturday, December 5, 2015

Like mother, like daughter

So, I came home from having a play date with my BFF and discovered that my daughter had spent the day decorating the house for Christmas and cooking a Thanksgiving style turkey dinner.  Sarah is officially back in the lead for being the favorite child.

I had to laugh though.  She cooked the turkey upside down.  Oh well.  She comes by her turkey cooking skills honestly.  I can't tell you how many times I've cooked a turkey or whole chicken upside down.  For the life of me, the only way I can figure out which way is up is to hold the turkey up & make it "dance" on the counter to see which way it's little legs are going.  And half the time, I still get it wrong.  It's a good thing I'm a knitter, not a cook.

Cabled slouch hat  at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
Cabled Slouchy Hat

The Christmas panic knitting is progressing.  The maroon cabled hat is off the needles, the candy cane hat is a few stripes closer to completion and I made it past the boring stockinette on the cardigan.

smocked cardigan knit for Christmas gift
Smocked Cardigan

I've never done any knit smocking before but I can see lots of it in my future.  I'm loving the pattern.  For something so simple to knit, the pattern creates a complex looking texture.

As for the Christmas photo of the day...

Christmas decorations  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JeannieGrayKnits
#ChristmasCountdown

Even our bathroom is decorated.  Now, if we only had a battery for that flameless candle...

No comments:

Post a Comment