Friday, September 30, 2022

Not Knitting

There's been a lot going on over the last two weeks and I haven't been knitting much.  Or blogging for that matter.  

Last Monday was pretty traumatic.  My daughter was in an accident and totaled her car.  She's okay now but I was pretty worried about her for a few days.  The airbags deployed and the side one smacked her on the side of her head and she lost her hearing in that ear for several days, plus she was sore from both the airbags and the seatbelt doing their jobs.  It could of have been so, so much worse.  

And now that Sarah doesn't have a car.... I'm driving her all over the place instead of sitting at home knitting.  

The same day as Sarah's wreck, I started an online class geared to improve my Etsy shop.  I'm enjoying the class and even though I've had my shop for over ten years, the class is pointing out a few things I've been doing wrong, or not doing at all.  The downside is it's time consuming and I can't knit and type at the same time.  I need a talk to text program for my computer like on my phone.  Except I'd need it to actually understand what I'm saying. 

We are also preparing to sell our house and lots of extra time has been spent either cleaning and/or doing/fixing things the realtor has requested or vacating the house for the realtor to do what ever realtors do before they put the for sale sign up in the yard.  

And now, we're spending our time preparing for hurricane Ian.  As this post goes live, we should be getting the first bands of rain from the storm.  We aren't expecting much wind but we are supposed to get an awful lot of rain and for days on end.  Thankfully we haven't had much rain lately and the river is pretty low.  We definitely do not need another Gaston.  

One good thing about the coming storm is I have the weekend off from work.  I was supposed to be going to the Montpelier Sheep Dog Trials and Fiber Festival this weekend but it's been canceled due to all the expected rain.  I'm pretty disappointed I won't be going but my debit card is pretty happy.  Specially since Sarah is still happily crocheting and talking about learning to knit.  She's already raided my yarn stash mutliple times.  It could have been a Very expensive weekend!  And now, instead of spending ALL my money, I can stay home, hunker down and knit, knit, knit while consuming my weight in hurricane snacks and booze.  

Anyway, I haven't been knitting much.  But I have had lots of Hayden time and that's always a good thing. 


Hayden is obsessed with my tripod.  She thinks it's a telescope.


We had family firepit night to celebrate official fall and a sudden welcome drop in temperatures.  Hayden was helping me get the firepit set up and decided to read to the fire.  She's definitely spent some time at the library's story time because she was showing the pictures to the firepit and everything.  Cutest thing ever!


She had fun roasting marshmallows but she wasn't impressed with s'mores.  How can someone not like s'mores??


And she's learning to write her name.  Well, she's learning to write an "H" but she does know the letters in her name.  Mostly.  She thinks the 'y' is "y and z."  Also the cutest thing!

Hopefully Ian will be kind to us and I won't miss any more blog posts.  My prayers go out to all the Floridians out there.  

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your daughter is okay. I'm sure it was scary, but thank goodness for those airbags that kept it from being much worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so nerve wrecking, I'm glad your daughter is okay. Hope the storm will be kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear....what a week you had! I am so sorry to hear of all the things you're going through. We are sitting here waiting for Ian to do his thing too. My phone started with the coastal flood warnings at 7 am. I just hope the winds don't pick up. My neighbor had a tree completely demolish their house this week. I don't know how they survived it. With all this rain expected it won't take much wind to bring more of them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your daughter is okay!! That is super scary and how nice you can drive her around while she waits for a new car!

    ReplyDelete