Friday, September 2, 2022

Happy September!

 While I hate to see life passing me by, I gotta say, Damn, I'm glad to see August end.  

I am SO ready for fall!


We have a giant tree, a sycamore I think it is, in our yard and it always sheds it's leaves waaaay before all the other trees.  I sat on the deck for a while today and listened to the leaves fall.  It was awesome!  I always think my favorite calming sound is water lapping against the beach, a boat or pier pilings but really, it's the sound of crunchy leaves falling.

I am SO ready for fall!


And since it's still 90 degrees in Virginia and not actually fall yet, this little guy joined me on the deck.  He hung out and watched me knit.

Happy September y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Same here. It's still hot as heck, muggy and buggy but things feel different, like a change is happening so slowly I can't see it yet. I like the sound of snow falling when it hits other snow. I remember sitting out back on a sled once and just laying there in the twilight listening to it fall and seeing it turn to glitter all around me. That sound has stayed with me forever. I've never heard it like that since and I go out and listen for it every time it snows.

    ReplyDelete