Friday, September 9, 2022

Is it Christmas already?

In preparation for the craft shows I'm doing this fall, I knit a thing.

And a few more things.


I had planned to write much more elegantly but life happened today.  I had the day off from work and have the thrill of jury duty later this week so my blog writing time was limited to today.  I'd planned to show you a whole bunch of things I've made recently but I got sidetracked and never got the photos taken.  And well, now I'm just too mentally exhausted to say much.

As many of you know, we live right on the edge of the railroad tracks and right beside a busy crossing.  Sadly, there was a horrific, fatal train vs car wreck practically in our backyard today.  It was just awful.  A horrible, horrible accident that I won't go into details about and it seems to have shut down my brain.  As in, completely shut down.  I can't even tell you how many words I've had to correct already because I'm typing the letters backwards.  Not to make light of PTSD, but I think I have PTSD.

I would like to send out prayers to the victim's family, the train conductor, the passengers on the train (the police told me there were no injuries on the train thanfully) and to the rescue workers and clean up crew.  And if the accident wasn't bad enough, it  began thunder storming a few hours into the investigation/clean up process.

And now, in an attempt to rid my mind of twisted metal, I'm going to go take a hot bubble bath with a bottle of wine and a trashy romance novel to keep me company. 

Ya'll be safe out there, and for the love of all things holy, please, please don't try to out run a train!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's horrible! I hope you can shake those images and feelings soon.
    On a lighter note: I love your Christmas knitting and you may have inspired me to fall down the bauble knitting rabbit hole...

    ReplyDelete