Friday, August 6, 2021

What's better than a grandbaby?

 It's been a whirlwind of a week.  


Hayden and her family moved in with us.

Their apartment lease was up the month before Covid hit and he was in the process of finding a house to buy and so they had moved in temporarily with Megan's parents.  But thanks to Covid, Zack was unemployed for a while so no house.  

Jump to July, 2021 and well, they decided they had over stayed their welcome.  Meanwhile, Mike decided he wanted to help Zack out.  Mike had paid for Sarah's schooling but Zack had chosen to go straight to work and skip college.  And now, Zack is regretting that decision.  So, rather than pay for Zack's education, we will give them a basically free place to live while he pays for himself to go to school.

I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with Hayden.


But best of all, Hayden also brought her dog, Teddy.  And that means, I get a "free" dog.  I can play with him and walk him and snuggle with him but I don't have to pay his vet or food bills.  I don't have to make sure I'm home to let him out and I don't have to clean up after him.  I'm getting a free dog and a free grandchild out of the deal!  Can't ask for more than that!


Knitting wise, I'm still knitting the Fable Fur headbands and I've been beading a few more pairs of socks too.  You're going to have to wait a while for a photo of me wearing one of the headbands.  It needs to cool off a bit first.

Have I mentioned how badly I'm suffering from fall fever?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, to be a hands on Grandma! You are so lucky. I know it sounds terrible but there are times I am sad that my kids are so successful. I would love for them to have to pack it all in and come home and bring the Grands with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you are delighted with this new arrangement -- tons of grandbaby and grandpuppy time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful situation for all of you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for family helping family and getting a lot of time spent with baby and dog! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete