Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Off the needles

 Okay, the title should be Off the Needles a Looong time ago.


I finished this shawl, knit with yarn from Organized Chaos Yarns, back in April and I am just now getting around to photographing it.


The yarn, Colorstravaganza, is fingering superwash and I love, love, love it!  I think it looks like faded denim and I want a whole sweater knit from it.  I absolutely love the faded denim look with little blips of color.  

My daughter says it doesn't look like denim but I think it does.  My faded out jeans even usually have the blips of color on them from dropped markers, paint and/or nail polish.  So yes, my jeans and my shawl will match this winter.  I can't wait!

And because I'm excited about my new roommates...


Meet Pumpkin, the platy fish.  Her little black nose reminds me of a puppy's.


And Spot, the nerite snail.  I love his spots.  They look like they've been drawn on with a Sharpie.

Spot has his work cut out for him.  Captain Morgan, my old nerite, died and the tank got overrun with algae.  Again. Argh!

Hopefully Spot is hungry and has an appetite close to Captain Morgan's.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely shawl!
    Your new roommates look like fun. I used to enjoy our aquarium until it was time to clean it. I was no good at that and always seemed to make it worse. I must have been doing something right though. Our fish lived what seem like forever. I am sorry to say I was not sad to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS shawl. I definitely see the faded denim.

    ReplyDelete