Thursday, December 19, 2019

Three on Thursday

Wow, I'm behind.  I'm so far behind that if I was a NASCAR driver, I'd be lapping myself.  Good grief!  But no matter how far behind I am, I wanted to join Carole for Three on Thursday and check in with everyone.  I've been pretty slack about posting lately and I'll probably continue to miss a post or three between now and Christmas.  Heck, let's call it like it is and go ahead and say I may miss a few posts between Christmas and New Years too.

Life has just been a little bit hectic lately.  Absolutely nothing goes according to plan.  I think some higher power is trying to teach me a lesson, I just haven't figured out what that lesson is yet.


Tuesday I went to my newly found Alzheimer's support group meeting.  Gosh, those folks are nice!  After a brunch of cookies and coffee, I went to Walmart to stocking stuffer shop... and realized I'd forgotten to deposit any money into my debit card account.  That poor account was looking pretty bleak and of course I completely forgot that I can transfer money from savings to checking with my phone.  Doh!  Instead, I shopped with a budget and had $3. 87 left in the bank when I was done.  Talk about cutting it close!  But hey - I still had $3.87 and the majority of the stocking shopping was done.

I came home from stocking stuffer shopping thinking I'd be wildly productive with baking and gift wrapping but....  "The kids" (my son and his girlfriend) called and wanted to meet up for dinner.  Awesome!  We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving so of course we said yes.  The only hitch was, my husband got caught up in a horrendous traffic accident on the interstate and his 50 minute commute took two and a half hours.  We had a late dinner at Applebee's and well, we had three different waiters and I think it was all three of them's first night ever waiting tables.  It was comically awful and half of us never got part of our meal.  But, when we got home, Grandma and Mike went to bed and Sarah and I made five batches of rum balls.  We still have two, maybe three more batches to go but we ran out of ingredients.  But five done is much better than none done.

I think I've mentioned before that we're living in this weird little area with no internet provider.  We are having to use a hotspot for internet.  And yesterday, the hotspot device went missing for about six hours.  I was so frustrated because I'd been busy outside of the house for several days and hadn't had a chance to check my email or do any blog stuff for a while.  Yesterday was going to be my catch-up day.  But nope!  Once again, I was reminded that I'm supposed to be learning some kind of lesson.  Thankfully, we finally found the hotspot device and all was right with the world once again.  The problem was, by the time we found it, it was time to leave for my knitting group Christmas party.  No complaints about the party though.  Great food, great company and an I won an awesome prize of a gazillion little stitch markers for small needles.  And yep!  I prefer small needles.  I knit mostly with fingering weight and I knit loose so I rarely use a  needle larger than a US4.  I'm super excited about my new stitch markers.

So, with all that said, if I don't make it back to the blog before Christmas, I wish each and every one of you a merry holiday!


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you can laugh about all this after the fact -- that's the right attitude to have! I hope things calm down for you and you enjoy a wonderful holiday with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at your money transfer tale because I just transferred some money from my account online. I always feel like a criminal doing it. That's the dinosaur in me I guess. It feels wrong to be sitting at home and playing with my accounts like I'm some kind of hacker or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had an exciting week. I'm glad it all worked out in the end and you can laugh about it all. The important thing is you DID get to spend time with your son and his girlfriend and you DID get your errands done and some cookies baked. In the midst of it all you had some fun with people at your meet-ups. I'm so glad for you. It's great to have that de-stress time.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week! But as others have said, you certainly seem to have the right attitude about everything that is going on. Hope your Christmas is one that is peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the continued struggles! I hope you have a Joyous Christmas Season!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a peaceful holiday! You deserve it so much after all you have been through this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your Christmas was very nice. Its been a tough year

    ReplyDelete