Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday the 13th

A little break from tradition.... or maybe not.  It's that time of year when I'm knitting secret Santa stuff and can't post photos of my projects.  Or, if I'm honest, I simply don't have time to take photos this year.  Actually, it's a little bit of both.

I thought I was pretty much done with my gift knitting but then I took a good look at my list.  Okay, not so done after all.  While I'm busy knitting four ____; a ____ and two pair of _____, I'm showing you random, unrelated photos.


The road we live on now.  I'll admit, it's nice to be able to go for a walk and not worry about being run over or falling into the lake while trying to dodge speeding cars.


Our house faces a part of the Chickahominy Swamp.  If I braved the imaginary alligators and hiked through the swamp about an eighth of a mile, I'd hit the river.  We are so close, but oh so far away from that river front property we dream of.


And two night's ago, as I pulled out of the Arby's parking lot on the way to my knitting group meeting, a beautiful full moon was rising and the radio was playing the perfect Creedence song.


Happy Friday 13th and happy Christmas gift knitting.

9 comments:

  1. It must be quite a change to be in such a secluded area! Good luck with your continued Christmas knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks/sounds like such a pretty area (are those cypress knees?). Good luck with your knitting. Love CCR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the parody that says "There's a bathroom on the right"!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful road! That's my kind of living. I'm like Pa Ingalls, when you can see the smoke of your neighbor's chimneys you are too close. Time to move. We have seclusion out back but out front it's too crowded for me these days. When all us old folks lived on the block it was one thing but all these new people and all their young kids. Whew....now I'm the crazy, old, grumpy, cat lady I suppose. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of Friday the 13th. You live in a beautiful area!! I live surrounded by woods and it's lovely and quiet. I think I am ready for Christmas except for the socks I'm knitting for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that road. I would love to live in a secluded area but the older I get, the more I realize that's most likely not happening.
    Enjoy your gift knitting. Are you taking pictures to show us later?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that forest is just so beautifuL!!! I could stare and stare into it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No imaginary alligators here, we do not venture into the swamp that is my back yard. Love the woods surrounding you , it must be so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am jealous of your walking road -- it looks so peaceful! Good luck with your Christmas knitting!

    ReplyDelete