Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday Supper - Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake

It may only be December 8th but I'm already thinking about Christmas dinner.  Or more specifically, Christmas dinner desert.  Or even more specifically, Sarah's chocolate peppermint cheesecake.

Christmas cheesecake desert from https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a50775/chocolate-peppermint-cheesecake-recipe/
chocolate peppermint cheesecake from delish.com

For several years now, while I've been busy at work, Sarah has taken over the roll of holiday desert baker and believe me, I'm not complaining!  A few years ago she tried out a new desert recipe and I talked about it here.  Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake.  Oh  my goodness!  That cheesecake was so good that I've dreamed about it many, many times since.  My mouth waters just thinking of it.  Heck, I gain four pounds just thinking of it.  It was SO FREAKING  good! 

Last year she tried to make it again but....  I don't know if she used a different recipe or if she fudged on the ingredients or what but....  Sorry to say, Sarah, it was Not the chocolate peppermint cheesecake we were expecting.  It was good.  I mean, there was nothing wrong with it, but it wasn't the FREAKING AWESOME cheesecake of the previous year.

This year, I'm hoping and praying she'll give it another try and use the "real" recipe without skipping or exchanging any of the ingredients because believe me, that original cheesecake was 25 pounds (possibly not an exaggeration!) of pure chocolate and peppermint bliss!

If you're wondering what to bake for Christmas this year, give this cheesecake a try.  I don't think you'll be sorry.  (Unless you try to eat the entire thing by yourself that is.)

6 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! SIL made a pumpkin cheesecake one year for Thanksgiving that was out of this world too and every year I hope he makes another but noooo....not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a real peppermint fan, but it does look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure there are no calories in that dessert, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks fabulous. Christmas dinner counts as zero calories in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my cheesecake loving hubby and son would love that cake. But, alas, we are not all cheesecake people. Im a cookie girl. Al loves peppermint ice cream. I need to treat myself, one day , before they arrive, to a scoop of rum raisin that is at our fudge/candy store. Oh i asked for a taste and it was unbelievably good. No one else in the family sounded interested!

    ReplyDelete