Thursday, May 9, 2019

Three on Thursday - Not me!

It's been said that I have a 'type' when it comes to things like men, books, TV shows and even nail polish.  I don't even wear nail polish but I own 45 bottles of various rosy pinks.  But I'm quite sure I don't have a 'type' when it comes to choosing yarn.

Let's take a look at a few recent purchases.

denim blue cotton yarn and blue and green speckled superwash yarn
Berroco Remix Light and Pixel

Both yarns are from Berroco.  The Blue is Remix Light, is a cotton, acrylic, silk and linen blend.  It looks and feels like faded denim.  The blue and green speckled is Pixel, a superwash wool.  I have no idea what pattern I'll knit with these but one day I will combine them into something. 

A watery blue and green self striping sock yarn.
Prose

This one is Prose from Wisdom Yarns  in the Greenery colorway.  It's a not very soft superwash sock yarn in shades of blues and greens.  It may not be the softest skein in the stash, but I absolutely love the watery blues and greens.  I'm also thinking (and hoping) it softens up once it's washed.  Luckily my feet are, well, let's be honest here - gross.  They are calloused enough that not so soft socks don't bother them at all.

Superwash wool and silk blend lace weight yarn in turquoise and shades of blue and green self striping.
Whisper Lace

These skeins are both Whisper Lace from Fibra Natura.  They are superwash wool and silk blends, lace weight and their color names are Harbor (the blue) and Ocean Torrent (the blue and green multi.)  These yarns are super soft and while I once again don't have a pattern in mind.  When I purchased them, I'd planned to knit a simple cowl holding the two yarns together.  But now I'm thinking about a simple shawl knit from the multi with a solid lacy border.  Only time will tell.

So, what do you think?  Do you think I have a type?  I don't have any kind of problem saying no to blue and green yarns.  People are just silly!  Of course I don't have a type!  No, not me!


I'm joining Carole and friends for Three on Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. That's so funny. I don't think I have a type either but if you look into my sock yarn bin I have nothing but fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have a type about most everything. especially yarn. (btw - remix light is one of my summer-time favorites - it's really nice for sweaters, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - who could resist those yarns? The colors shout SUMMER to me. they are gorgeous.

    I'm using the remix light for a sweater (started last year and then ignored through the winter) and it is really nice - easy to knit with and it feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I don't have the same type ;-) I love all of those yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your whisper lace is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always going to buy chartreuse green fabric or yarn. Always! But I don't have a type. Not me!

    ReplyDelete