Monday, May 6, 2019

52 Weeks - Blog Inspiration

Today's 52 Week Blog Challenge topic is what is my inspiration for blogging?  My 'why.'

First and foremost, I blog to save my marriage and maybe even my life.  I don't think my marriage would have lasted this long if I talked to Mike as much as I talk to you about knitting.  For that matter, I think Mike and the kids might have ganged up on me and ax murdered me in my sleep if I talked to them about my knitting as much as I talk to you about it.

Second, the blog is a fantastic excuse to buy yarn.  I'm not wasting the grocery money on more yarn for the stash pile that's already so large I couldn't knit through it in three lifetimes.  I'm buying yarn for the blog.  The blog needs yarn.  The blog legitimately needs yarn to show off occasionally.

Funny Farm, photo courtesy of youtube.com

Third, ever since seeing the movie Funny Farm back in the '80's, I have dreamed of sitting at a little desk in front of a sunny window, looking out at the birds and squirrels and writing.

And fourth, I keep on blogging because besides being a marriage saver and an excuse to buy yarn, I have met some super terrific people through of my blog.  Most of them are virtual, or what my husband calls 'imaginary' friends but several are 'real' and have become very dear to me.  Imaginary or real, it doesn't matter.  We are friends and we would do most anything for each other.  

So, whether you consider yourself an imaginary or real friend, an acquaintance, or are just stopping by for the very first time, thank you for taking the time to read this.  Thank you for spending your time with me and I hope you'll be back and that our friendship continues to grow.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this blog! Your blog was one of the first I found after not blogging for a long time. I was still following the bigger blogs, but never really felt a real connection to those bloggers (commenting there feels like trying to hang out with the popular girls in high school, but all you really do is following them around). Your blog does give me that feeling of being connected, of friendship. And that's what makes me want to keep blogging. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! My intention is for the blog to have a 'sitting in someone's kitchen (preferably yours because mine is most likely a mess) chatting over coffee' vibe. I'm Way too introverted to go for the 'speaking at a large conference' vibe and I was definitely not the popular girl in high school. :) I'm also very happy to see that you are getting settled into your new place and are blogging again. Yay!

      Delete
  2. So. Do you write your blog posts at a little desk in front of a sunny window, or what? ;-)
    Glad to meet you via blogging. Real or imaginary, blog friends are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, sadly no. My pen and notebook fetish require a large table, but it is located near a window. :)

      Delete
  3. 1st, your new yarn is gorgeous!!! 2nd, yummmm! Lemon Bundt Cake!!! 3rd, if they kick you out just come live with me and we can talk yarn and knitting all day long. I am sure Hubster won't mind, or we will just send him off to golf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we need to make a trade. My husband would probably love to trade me for a golfing buddy roommate. :)
    And thanks! I can't wait to finish a few of the OTN's so I can get started knitting on that Cully yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I didn't have a blog post to write everyday I'd probably spend all my time looking at Twitter. It's my motivation to go do something interesting to share everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband calls you pretend friends. I have had the joy of getting to know some AMAZING knit and crochet blog pals. I love your logic

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! I share all those reasons (well, maybe except for that third one ... I'm perfectly fine sitting at my kitchen counter without any squirrels!) ... and it's also my favorite way to document my own story. I refer back to my blog all the time to see who was doing what, when and where!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad I found your blog too! And I wish we had had more time in Richmond last week so that we could have (perhaps) met up. That would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was always a talker and my blog gives me an unlimited audience who listens. I'm glad you are saving your marriage through the blog (ha ha ha). And I am all for buying YARN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for yarn and the blogoverse!

    ReplyDelete