Thursday, November 1, 2018

Three on Thursday

It's Three on Thursday and so...

Three reasons I'm broke:

A new yarn shop in town, Center of the Yarniverse.
Center of the Yarniverse

1.  There's a new yarn store in town.  The closest 'town' to me is Ashland, other words known as The Center of the Universe.  This new yarn shop, Center of the Yarniverse, is going to be a very, very dangerous place for me.  In order to grocery, book, Target, Walmart or big box craft store shop, visit 90% of my friends and all of my family, take the dog to the vet or visit a doctor, I will have to pass within an eight of a mile of it.  And even worse, the shop shares a parking lot with the library.  Very, very dangerous!

Power Sheets from https://cultivatewhatmatters.com/
Power Sheets

2.  Power Sheets.  I broke down and bought 2019 Power Sheets.  Now the big question - will I use them?

I must stop eating all the Halloween candy.
Candy overload

3.  Halloween candy.  Happy belated Halloween, by the way.  But the candy situation...  I'm actually typing this in broad daylight on Halloween afternoon, long before the trick or treaters will begin making their appearance....  And I've already had to refill the giant candy bowl three times.    And yes, that photo is blurry.  Probably from the diabetic twitch I've developed from eating so much candy. Good grief!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, Halloween candy is almost as tempting as a yarn store next to the library!!! Maybe you can use your power sheets to get past the call of the Yarniverse! (The only way I can get past the Halloween candy thing is to . . . only buy candy I won't eat.) (I have no suggestions for the yarn dilemma, however.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1 good thing about Halloween candy - I get so sick of sugar, I don't want to see it until the holiday baking starts, and by the time I finish baking, I don't even want to look at the goodies, much less eat them. The yarn store however.... I'm afraid there is no help for that.

      Delete
  2. You know all that yarn you've wanted to purchase, you should do it! There how about that for a power sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! Yarn shop and library together - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't get much better than that, does it? I'm in SO much trouble now!

      Delete
  4. If the yarn shop is going to share a parking lot with the library, then any visits you make to the yarn store are clearly not your fault. (I think it's even in the Geneva convention!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yarn shop?? you had me there! I wish I had more than one but at least I have one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have quite a few in Richmond (the closest city) but most of them are so snobby I don't bother shopping there unless I'm having a yarn fume emergency.

      Delete
  6. This post made me smile. Then it made me sad because I could not find little bags of mandms for Halloween--and those are about my favorite candy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A local yarn shop is a marvelous place! I wish there was one nearby me that had a variety--I'm surrounded by acrylic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry! Thank goodness for online yarn shopping.

      Delete