Friday, November 30, 2018

Photo Friday

So, I mentioned the other day that I'd had the brilliant idea to knit 18 miniature Christmas stocking ornaments...

http://shrsl.com/1bbds
yarn spindle

All I can say is, thank goodness for my yarn spindle from Knit Picks.  Okay, so the spindle itself isn't really showing up in that photo, but that's because I have it loaded with three skeins of yarn.  

I'd ordered the spindle a while back when it was on sale and I needed to spend just a little more to get free shipping from Knit Picks.  (I despise having to pay for shipping.)  I received it, thought 'cool,' set it on the shelf and sort of forgot about it.  Forgot about it until I started knitting all these *^*&^&^$^% miniature Christmas stockings, that is.

Ordinarily it doesn't bother me too much when I pull from the center of a new skein of yarn and a big glob of yarn comes out.  Ordinarily, I knit big things that will easily use up the big glob of yarn rather quickly.  But that's not the case when knitting miniature Christmas stockings.  

And when I realized I could put multiple skeins of yarn on the spindle at once without fear of tangling....  Miniature stocking knitting became much, much enjoyable.

Now, if Knit Picks would only make a tool that picks up all the beads I've dropped on the floor....


3 comments:

  1. Yes - beads and needles...pins...stitch markers...

    I hope you do a photo shoot of all your little stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely idea and the spindle seems to be something I might need one day :) Can't wait to see your finished stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those beads!!! Your stockings are going to be so adorable -- and, someday, you'll look back and say, "Oh, that wasn't so bad." ;-)

    ReplyDelete