Friday, September 14, 2018

Photo Friday

Phew!  'The Season' is over and done with work-wise and I had a full week, Monday through Friday off.  I spent it knitting.

http://shrsl.com/15wd7 the coffee shop, Palette value set from Knit Picks.
The Coffee Shop

Well, knitting and preparing for Hurricane Florence.  Luckily, thankfully, I was able to get lots of knitting done while I waited for giant containers of water to freeze into ice blocks.

I received The Coffee Shop value pack in the mail last week and was excited to start knitting with it rather than try to figure out how and where to store more yarn.  In my excitement, I just grabbed a needle (US2) and cast on enough stitches that I could comfortably begin knitting in the round.  Then I cast on a few more just to be sure...  And I started knitting random width stripes.  It's going to be a cowl.  And I love the warm, understated, earthy browns.  It's been a great, easy project to help calm my pre-hurricane jitters.

Speaking of hurricanes...  I'm writing this in advance in anticipation of power outages.  Obviously I don't know what kind of damage Florence has done as of this morning, but I continue to keep all the east coasters in my thoughts and prayers throughout this storm.  Stay safe!





6 comments:

  1. I hope YOU stay safe as well. I hope Florence isn't too bad.

    That is going to be a beautiful, classic-colors cowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We ended up being fine. We're just having a few blustery, rainy days. We really dodged a bullet.

      Delete
  2. So smooth! Lovely palette! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful knitting and I hope you get to keep your electricity!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! Florence's rains are just hitting us today.

      Delete