Thursday, August 23, 2018

Turning blue

Today's Three on Thursday post is all about blue.

Blue?  You'll see what I mean...

1.  Despite the fact I only bother to paint my nails three times a year, and despite the fact that on the rare occasion I do paint my nails, I never wear 'colors' and despite the fact that the bottle had apparently been opened (and used!) I bought a bottle of holographic, blue nail polish from Walmart and love it!

2.  The same day I bought the blue, holographic nail polish, I started knitting a pair of denim blue fingerless gloves.

3.  And the night before I started knitting the denim blue fingerless gloves, I started knitting a simple, hemmed brim hat with self striping blue yarn.

Warm fingerless gloves knit with an easy cable stitch and a blue hat knit with self striping washable wool yarn
Pretending it's fall and my hands are cold.

Yarn details:

The gloves were knit with Cascade Superwash Aran Splatter and the hat is being knit with Cherry Tree Hill's Broad Band Supersock Self-Striping yarn in the Moody Blues colorway.

9 comments:

  1. At least you don't have the blues ;-) Love that yarn (of both projects). And I think the blue nail polish looks great. I can't even remember the last time I wore nail polish, but I do remember I had some blue polish that I loved too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about the change of seasons (and Christmas) that makes me want to paint my nails, otherwise, I never bother.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, that hat yarn, it looks scrumptious! You can just feel the squish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both yarns have been a delight to knit with. I do wish the hat yarn was a little thicker so that the project would go faster. I'm SO far behind on my 52 hats in a year project!

      Delete
  3. You definitely have the blues ...........in the VERY best way. I love that polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do too! I expected the color to look horrible on me but I'm going through a 12 year old girl phase. I suddenly have a thing for glitter pens and apparently, glitter nail polish. :)

      Delete
  4. Now those are all GREAT blues. I may have to queue up some blues music tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great BLUES!!! Your nails - and your knitting! - are lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough blue.
    Those mitts look really cozy.

    ReplyDelete