Thursday, August 30, 2018

Three on Thursday

It's Thursday so you know what that means....

Three very random things.

1.  Minnie had a vet appointment yesterday for a variety of issues.  They put the bandanna sprayed with some kind of calming stuff on her so that she doesn't have to be muzzled.  I don't know what the spray is, but boy, it sure works!   She's 14 now, 98 in dog years, (Gosh, I wish I hadn't done that calculation!)  but she still has enough spunk in her to terrorize the vet.  



The appointment went about as I expected.  I shelled out a fortune, they ran a gazillion tests and she got sent home with some ear infection medicine, a diagnosis of old age, and a new pedicure.

2.  We went to dinner with the boy child and his girl friend last night and of course, I embarrassed myself.  It had been a while since we'd gotten together and I didn't know he had a new girl friend.  When we first sat down, I spent a little too much time staring at her thinking, "Wow!  She's lost a ton of weight and styled her hair very differently.  She doesn't even look anything like what I remember."  It finally dawned on me that it was a different girl and that I'd been staring weirdly... so I blurted out, "I like your hair."  I can only imagine what she thought.  

3.  I'm very happy to report that I finished Hat #22.  I haven't taken photos yet, but the knitting is complete.  I'm only 13 hats behind schedule now.

12 comments:

  1. All I can say is . . . Sons. They don't tell us much, do they???
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I am casting on hat #32, I am trying to get current by the end of Sept!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole having to go to work thing is killing my hat knitting time. I'm starting to think I may not get to 52 hats this year.

      Delete
  3. I would love to know what's in that spray. There are plenty of times I would be happy to wear a lovely bright blue bandanna sprayed with Eau de Calm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too! I was telling my husband about it and he suggested I ask the vet to give me a bottle for myself. :)

      Delete
  4. Miss Minnie looks quite beautiful.

    I'm thinking we could ALL use a bit of that spray now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the dinner date! too funny :) That spray does not work for Frodo, he is still worried. I love that she had a better health visit! I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Frodo! Minnie still paces around the room and is obviously thrilled not to be there but she no longer growls and snarls at the vet when she wears the bandanna. I'm sure the fact that they feed her cheese if she's good helps a little too.

      Delete
  6. Love the story about the girlfriend! One time my daughter brought home her first boyfriend from college for a visit. I made a lovely roast dinner. As I was passing the plate, I proceeded to tilt it toward me and all the juice ran down the front of my shirt. My daughter was horrified. I was horrified too for a brief moment. Then I laughed to myself and enjoyed the moment of embarrassing a child on a date! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embarrassing my kids is my favorite Mom thing to do, embarrassing them on a date is even more fun! But on the other hand, I do try to seem at least slightly normal in front of the kids' friends.

      Delete