Monday, August 20, 2018

Makers' Monday

Makers' Monday is back!  I can't believe I haven't had a Makers' Monday post since June.  This summer's theme park work-schedule took a toll on my knitting/blogging life.  The full-time season is almost over and I hope to be back to regularly scheduled Makers' Monday posts now.  I hope you'll join me.


Garter stitch shawl knit with Knit Picks Sunstorm Hawthorne collection
The game begins.

I finished knitting my Sunstorm shawl this morning and had the thrill of playing a mean game of yarn chicken in the process.

playing yarn chicken with my knit shawl
Will I win?

I was starting to get a little nervous as I knit decrease row after decrease row.

I won that round of yarn chicken.  Knitting a faded garter stitch shawl.
Win!

I don't know why I was so worried.  I had plenty of yarn to spare.  A whole 26 inches extra!

Help me celebrate my yarn chicken win by joining me on today's Makers' Monday link-up.

6 comments:

  1. Close call!!! Welcome back. I may be the only one, but I am SO ready for Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that was scary ;-) I tend to knit faster and faster when I fear to run out of yarn. Don't know why, a reflex to try to out run the shortage, or something like that, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate yarn chicken, but find I play that game way too many times! I need to fit pattern to yarn better than I do. Can't wait to see your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for the win! Such pretty yarn too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at you winning the yarn chicken game, so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete