Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Pudding!

It's National Butterscotch Pudding Day today and I can not see, say, or hear the word 'pudding' without thinking of Dean Winchester in Supernatural's Season 5, 'Sam Interrupted.'  I absolutely Love that episode. 

recipe for making butterscotch pudding from scratch
Making pudding

So, to celebrate National Butterscotch Pudding Day, I made pudding from scratch last night and watched Supernatural reruns.

Eating pudding and watching The Cabin in the Woods, plus a recipe
National Butterscotch Pudding Day

Tonight, I'll be further celebrating by eating homemade butterscotch pudding and watching The Cabin in the Woods.  And of course, knitting.  If I'm honest, I think I'm more excited about The Cabin in the Woods than I am about the pudding.  I love all things Joss Whedon and I was able to snag the DVD from Walmart the other day for less than four dollars!

If you're interested in making your own pudding, here's the recipe I use.

Butterscotch Pudding

2/3 cup brown sugar
Large pinch of salt
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp. softened butter
1 tsp. Vanilla

In a 2 quart sauce pan, mix the first 3 ingredients together.  Add the eggs, then slowly add the milk, stirring well.

Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil.  Boil  1 minute; remove from heat and add the butter & vanilla.  Stir well and pour into desert cups.  Chill until set.  

Serves 4.

To see what others are creating today, join me later today at #craftingon,

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I have every had butterscotch pudding, but I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds too tempting for words. Who knew there was a day for Butterscotch pudding! #Craftingon

    ReplyDelete