Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Read a book

Boy am I glad to put August behind me.  It was quite a month.  More about that later, but for now....

Happy Read A Book Day!

To be honest, I celebrated yesterday.  The morning's weather was just too perfect not to sit on the deck with my coffee, knitting and a good book.  But who am I kidding?  I'll celebrate again today as well. Today, it's cool and rainy.  A different type of perfect day to spend reading and knitting.

hand knit acrylic yarn hat. Knit while reading Harry Potter.
Pink Hat

I'm re-reading Harry Potter.  It's been slow going because I don't dare pick it up for bed-time reading because it's just too good to put down and bed-time reading is about all I've had time for lately.

Harry Potter isn't in the photo because I'm reading it on my Kindle and the fingerprint smeared screen doesn't exactly make for exciting photography.

Okay, that shocking pink hat doesn't photograph well either.  But that's what it is.  A hemmed brimmed hat, most likely headed for my Etsy shop when it's done.  It looks much better in real life than it does in the photo.

Linen drawstring storage bag from Knit Picks  http://shrsl.com/jrwy
Secret Garden Project Bag

The Secret Garden project bag the hat is laying on is Adorable with a capital A!  I just love the cranes & kitty cats sprinkled throughout the flowers.  The rest of the bag is so cute, I'm not even bothered by the little garden snake.  I had to have it the minute I saw it.  Just HAD to!

linen travel bag great for protecting shoes, accessories, cosmetics or toiletries
Secret Garden Project Bag from Knit Picks

And look - the bag even came with a stitch marker attached.

So..... all that to say, I hope you're enjoying reading a good book today.  If you aren't, then I hope you are accomplishing something important.  Besides being Read A Book Day, it's also Fight Procrastination Day.  Who comes up with these things and what kind of sadist monster decided they should be on the same day?

I have to admit, I cheated.  I planned ahead and today's to-do list simply says, "Relax and read a book."  I'm rocking both holidays.

To see what others are reading today, join me over at As Kat Knits' Unraveled Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. I have major project bag envy! I enjoyed all of the hp books, I've read them twice through. I hope your September is much much much better than your August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a Harry Potter...weird, right?! Perhaps one year...a fun project bag! Loved the Secret Garden.
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is back to school time here so reading is on hold. That project bag is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that bag is adorable. How can I justify a Knit Picks order when I'm determined not to buy yarn! Really, that's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete