Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Yarn Chicken

I'm playing a mean game of yarn chicken.

fingerless gloves knit with leftover worsted weight yarn, OTN 081217
Playing yarn chicken

I'm knitting simple, fingerless gloves with some left over yarn I had.  I'm also praying I  have enough yarn.

I've also been reading Scarred by Joanne Macgregor.  I just finished it last night and absolutely loved it.  The book's Amazon description describes it as a young adult contemporary romance but I felt it was so much more than that.  While it did have the typical boy & girl are made for each other but have some silly issue keeping them apart romance theme, there was so much more to this story.  There was also misplaced guilt and forgiveness, self esteem issues, bullying, and school violence.  Wow.  I'm not making it sound like a great read, but it really was.  I had hard time putting it down and even skipped an after work visit to the local all night dinner with work friends to come home and read.  You Know I enjoyed it if I passed up food for it!  

Join me over at As Kat Knits for today's #unraveled linkup.

3 comments:

  1. I like the yarn - maybe if you don't win the game, you have something else in your stash to go with it. (I probably wouldn't, 'cause my life never works that way, but you might!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have enough yarn as well :)

    ReplyDelete